Filter by type:
- Asks whether social chats on livestreams affect debate viewing.
- Assign subjects to watch debates on ABC, Facebook Live, and 538.
- Democratic subjects assigned to the Facebook chat condition reported lower affect towards Democrats and a worse viewing experience.
- The tone of candidate-directed comments also matter.
- Use 19 billion likes to measure dynamic ideological positions of users and fan pages.
- Guess user’s geolocation by likes and measure state level support rates for candidates.
- Assume that users would support candidates with closer ideology.
- FB support rates predict election outcome well, and share similar trends with polls.
- Polls systematically overestimate Clinton’s support in right-leaning states.